Post Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Regina or Saskatoon
The optimal candidate is an experienced professional that will hold strong multi-tasking,
organizational and computer skills. This position is being offered on a full-time basis. The
accountant will perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and financial tasks. A
successful Accountant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
– Verify compliance with the entity’s purchasing and payables procedures.
– Prepare and process payments.
– Monitor accounts payable regularly to ensure invoices are approved by authorized
– Respond and assist with vendor inquiries.
– Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
– Ensure bank accounts are reconciled monthly.
– Assist Controller with reconciling accounts and various other duties assigned.
– Prepare and process GST and PST return.
– Assist with audits.
– Ability to work with multiple entities.
– Maintain a complete filing system to support financial records.
– Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
– Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing
– Assist with month end procedures and reconciliations.
– Comply with the monthly close schedule timing.
– Enter and process manufacturer charge backs.
– Enter customer deposits in the accounting system.
– Monitor accounts receivable and follow up with customers on outstanding accounts.
– Create and disburse customer sales invoices.
– Additional administrative functions as required.
Requirements and skills:
– At least 3 years of experience as an Accountant
– Certification, diploma or degree in finance or accounting
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong time management skills
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Good communication skills
– Experience with accounting systems (ex, NetSuite).
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook,
Word, and Excel
– Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and generally accepted accounting principles
– Knowledge of rules regarding Good and Services Tax and Workers’ Compensation
Accountant Job Description
Northern Quinoa Production Corporation 3002 Millar Avenue Saskatoon SK S7K 5X9 Canada
– Strong Accounts Payable skills
– Strong Accounts Receivable skills
– Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
– Exceptional attention to detail
– Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
– Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work well within a team